18 Accomplishments From This Year
As the year comes to a close, I always love to sit and reflect on the year. Every year comes with ups and downs, so it’s always important for me to learn from and be grateful for all the things that happened.
- I went on my first road trip, spanning across 5 states.
- I held a position in my sorority, and I have been elected to hold another one in the coming year.
- I completed a 20 hour dance marathon and raised money for the Children’s Miracle Network.
- I branched out of my comfort zone and joined some new organizations and tried new things.
- I fell in love for the first time.
- I read and watched all of the Harry Potter books and movies (in the span of two months).
- I went to Universal and survived Halloween Horror Nights.
- I regulated how often that I saw my friends.
- My GPA increased.
- I went to the Festival of Arts at Epcot.
- I reduced my amount of debt.
- I brought a date that I actually liked to formal (see #5).
- I’ve decided that it’s time to pursue what I want, instead of continuing to please others.
- I’ve read 11 books for leisure this year (which is an accomplishment, because I spend a lot of time reading textbooks).
- I got another job that isn’t working with my parents.
- I’ve discovered and fallen in love with stand-up comedy.
- I turned 21 this year, and I have not become an alcoholic.
- I’ve gotten to know and befriend some of the most wonderful people.
I know not all of these things are accomplishments, and some of these things are pretty minor, but they were things that I wanted to do, or try, or achieve, and to say that I did them is pretty cool to me.
What about you? What have you accomplished in 2018? Is there anything you wish you learned or did? Let me know. I can’t wait to share more with you in the new year.